Friday, August 10, 2007

A trip down Sengkang Polyclinic = Hell

This morning I went to Sengkang Polyclinic to do a blood test cause I suspect I might get dengue fever. I have a bad fever since last Sunday night and I went to see my family doctor on a Wednesday. Hence, he advised me to go for a blood test if i still didn't recover by this Friday...

When I reach Sengkang Polyclinic, I was already sweating non-stop and I feel utmost discomfort. To play safe, before I even starts waiting for the registration, i asked one of the receptionist about the waiting time for the dengue result. However three of them seem to be busy dealing with the old man who wanted get subsidies from the clinic itself...

Noone bother to even talk to me as I stood over that same spot for 10 minutes and I cant figure why they need three person to serve that old man which looked perfectly normal and talk whole alot of crap...

Finally, Thanks God, someone approaches me... So I told the lady about the duration of taking the dengue fever test in the polyclinic. So she said
"normally, a blood test will take at least 7-9 days"

I was stunned, too tired to bitch her back and I was telling her by that time I already die somehow or somewhere(however, wei shan told me that dengue fever won't die easily one). No choice and she can't help answering, thus she call their lab to check out the actual timing. After she finished checking and confirm that the clinic has a lab, I was already half-dead and my t-shirt is wet as though I just finished 21KM Army Marathon.

I requested for a fast queue cause in front of me there are 72 people and I cant stop sweating in an air-con room. So I went in to a room when there is a senior nurse doing accessing for people that is not feeling well and they need advance queue. I was not acting uncomforted, I was sweating like hell and feeling weak. Hence, she start measuring my temperature and said that she can't give me a advance cause I don't have a high fever. I don't know whether she has a brain or not, I was sweating and obviously the heat is evaporated. I can't blame her cause she is just doing her job but I feel like saying if I faint you going to take up the responsibility?

Luckily, Wei Shan was accompany me talking on phone to help me concentrate on the slow and poor service that public clinic provided. However that is the only place that have immediate result from the test. Too bad, I have to bear with it...

Again, Sengkang Polyclinic(Singhealth)make me disappointed I rather take a bus to Hougang polyclinic where the doctor are much more friendlier and won't gave excuse like our clinic is overcrowded.

Ya, I forget to tell you guys (ok, that only one reader that come to my blog) that I am ok, I just have to finished my medicine. And PLEASE take care of yourself...

No comments: