Sunday, February 03, 2008

Diana+

Yeah~ I finally get myself a Lomography camera, Diana+... For people who don't know what is a Diana+ cam. The Diana camera is a simple, low-quality plastic-bodied box camera. The Diana takes sixteen 4 × 4 cm pictures on 120 film, leaving a large part of the film surface unused. Though often referred to as a toy camera, the term is somewhat misleading, as the Diana is fully capable of taking actual photographs.

So what so special about this camera?
Diana cameras are predisposed to light leaks that have unpredictable orange light streaks on the negatives/prints. Diana also produce effect called Vignetting. (is a reduction of an image's brightness or saturation at the periphery compared to the image center.) Here are some examples of the images taken using Diana Camera.

Photos from http://freespace.virgin.net/russell.lett/diana%20camera.htm


Although I still have some difficulties using this camera as it use 120mm Film compared to the 35mm film that we normally use. The cons of the camera is it will be expansive to develop it out as it need to send out to the Pro-lab for processing. Well, I am still quite excited about developing my own photos.

No comments: